What’s on this weekend

Lyaness at Home London bar Lyaness has launched a delivery service, offering drinkers in the capital the chance to enjoy its cocktails at home. The Lyaness at Home service offers bottled versions of five of the bar’s most popular serves, including the Rock Pool Sazerac (pictured) and Beetle Boulevardier. Bottled cocktails are available in three different sizes, for one person, two people or a group of five to share. Prices start from £13 (US$17) and…

Continue Reading →

US off-trade must maintain 19% volume growth

The US alcohol market must increase volumes by 19% in the off-trade to offset losses in the on-trade, which is unlikely to return to the same level as pre-Covid for some time, the IWSR Drinks Market Analysis has predicted. According to research from the IWSR, around 80% of alcohol sales in the US were typically made in the off-trade, while the remaining 20% came from the on-trade. However, the coronavirus pandemic has impacted the on-trade…

Continue Reading →

Brown-Forman teams up with Drinkworks

Jack Daniel’s owner Brown-Forman has partnered with beverage innovation company Drinkworks to create cocktails that can be made using at-home alcohol dispenser. Drinkworks is a joint venture between beer giant Anheuser-Busch and American beverage producer Keurig Dr Pepper, created with the aim of inventing a dispensing system that could work with beer, wines, spirits, cocktails and mixers. The collaboration will see cocktails made with Brown-Forman brands offered through the Drinkworks Home Bar system by Keurig. Brands…

Continue Reading →

Survey: 80% of UK drinkers claim to make world’s best G&T

More than 80% of gin lovers in the UK believe they make the world’s best G&T while 75% believe their skills are superior to local bartenders. The Gin Report 2018 by UK-based subscription service Craft Gin Club is the result of research from a survey given to 600,000 members of its club. According to the report, 2018 saw the “spirit of experimentation shift from the makers and mixologists to amateur mixologists at home” as gin…

Continue Reading →